Welcome Cottage and Welcome Home Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they incorporate the basis upon which reservations are accepted by Welcome Cottages Executive Serviced Accommodation.
RN & JP Bird t/a Welcome Services ABN 25 718 334 829 (Welcome Services) reserves the right to change and/or modify any of these terms and conditions at any time without notice and such changes will become effective immediately. Please check these terms and conditions periodically for changes. The effective date of these terms and conditions is October 2015.
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means the property you have booked, all its fixtures, fittings, equipment, outdoor areas, Address covered by these Terms and Conditions: 35 The Welcome Road, Parkes including “Welcome Cottage”, “Welcome Home”, outdoor common areas and car park.
“Management” means the owners and managers of the Property, Rob and Jill Bird.
“Short Term Guests” means the persons who stay in the Property during a Booking of no more than fourteen (14) days in duration.
“Long Term Guests” means the persons who stay in the Property during a Booking of more than fourteen (14) days and up to six (6) months in duration.
“Visitor” means a person whom a guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE AND RESPONSIBILITY
Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions outlined here under.
3. CHECK IN/CHECK OUT
Check in time is not before 2:00pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10:00am on the departure date.
Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 7 days before arrival.
Short Term Guests – A deposit of 50% of the total tariff must be received within five (5) days after the booking enquiry. Booking is not confirmed until this deposit is received. Payment in full must be received on check in.
Long Term Guests – A deposit of one week’s of the total tariff must be received within five (5) days after the booking enquiry. Bookings are not confirmed until this deposit is received. Tariff is to be paid weekly as arranged with Management. Final payment to be made on check out, including any partial week’s tariff.
Payments of the amounts due must be received in Australian dollars (AUD$), exclusive of any bank or other transaction charges.
Please ensure payments are made within specified time limits or the Booking will be cancelled automatically without notice or liability to you.
We accept Visa and Mastercard credit cards.
We accept payment by direct deposit into our bank account:
Welcome Services (JP & RN Bird t/as Welcome Cottage Bed & Breakfast)
BSB: 062 588
Acct: 1022 7686
5. CREDIT CARD AUTHORISATION
A credit card pre-authorisation will be required at check-in/arrival to cover any incidentals incurred by Management on a Guest’s behalf. Management may pre-authorise a credit card for any charges deemed appropriate to incidental charges that may be applicable based on the length of stay. Please ensure you have sufficient funds to cover additional incidentals for this purpose. Please see also Terms and Conditions under Security Bond.
6. CANCELLATION OR VARIATION
If you wish to vary or cancel your Booking, please contact us immediately on:
(02) 6862 3768 or 0428 623 768 or email: email@example.com
Your deposit is not refundable in the event of a cancellation less than seven (7) days prior to the Booking. Should you be eligible for a refund, it will be made through your chosen payment method at the time of Booking.
A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of nights stay will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those nights.
A variation of the Booking which reduces the number of guests will be treated as a cancellation of the Booking in respect of those guests.
An administration charge of $50 will be incurred for any variation or cancellation.
7. MINIMUM STAY POLICY
“Welcome Home” has a minimum stay of two nights (2) nights and a maximum stay of six (6) months. (Elvis Festival stays excepted)
Elvis Festival stays are a minimum of three (3) nights with a minimum of four (4) guests.
“Welcome Cottage” has a minimum stay of two (2) nights and a maximum stay of six (6) months. (Elvis Festival stays excepted)
Elvis Festival stays are a minimum of three (3) nights with a maximum of two (2) guests
8. EXTENDED STAY
If you wish to extend your stay at the Property, you must give Management at least seven (7) days notice of such a request and any extension is subject to the following:
1. a satisfactory inspection of the Property;
2. availability of the Property.
If the extension of your stay is substantial, you may be required to make a security bond payment/ additional security bond payment, at the discretion of Management. (See Security Bond)
9. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You must disclose your correct name, residential address, postal address, email address and mobile phone number for security and insurance purposes. Photo identification may be requested to be viewed prior to key handover. Failure to disclose the correct information will constitute a cancellation of the Booking and the deposit will not be refunded.
10. SECURITY BOND
For stays of fifteen (15) nights or more, a bond payment is required at the time of placing your Booking. It will be credited to your designated payment method once our property has been inspected and deemed left in a similar state to your arrival. We agree to ensure this occurs within seven (7) working days after your departure.
Any damage, loss, or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms and Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements and extra guests beyond those declared.
Any damage, loss, or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms and Conditions which are over and above that which can be covered by the bond payment will be charged against the credit card. Examples include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements and extra guests beyond those declared.
Security Bond Payable:
|Length of Stay||Security Bond:|
|14 nights or less||Nil|
|15 nights to 10 weeks||One week’s tariff|
|11 weeks to 6 months||10% of the total tariff|
If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. Fire, storm, damage, etc) then Management will inform you immediately and all moneys paid will be refunded in full.
12. PARTIES AND FUNCTIONS
Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs, etc.
13. AMENITIES AND PERSONAL COMFORTS
The following amenities are included in the Property for your comfort:
- bedding linen, blankets and pillows;
- kitchen tea towels, dishwashing liquid and dishwashing tablets;
- washing machine laundry detergent;
- bathroom amenities including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, soap and toilet paper.
Housekeeping services are performed weekly and comprise:
- linen and towel refreshing;
- rubbish removal;
- minor cleaning – vacuuming, bathrooms and floors, surfaces.
Additional weekly cleaning services may be made available at extra charge on arrangement with Management.
14. CAR PARKING
You agree to park at the Property at your own risk. Management does not accept any responsibility for damages or loss to your property or property belonging to someone else.
Pets are NOT allowed at the Property. Please instead enjoy the outdoor company of our Resident Greeters, “Tigger” the dog and “Max” the cat.
Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the Property, inside, outside or anywhere in the surrounding property. If any Guest or any Visitors choose to smoke on this property, they will be fined and the Guest’s Booking terminated without refund.
17. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- You must comply with all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
- You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of any part of the Property and any part thereof during your stay. You must notify Management of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost at Management’s discretion. (See Security Bond and Credit Card Authorisation.)
- Only the Guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property overnight. If any other Guests stay, extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
- Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
- Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate Council rubbish bins provided and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual cost for cleaning the Property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond or charged to your credit card.
- You are responsible for the cleaning of the BBQ after use. There is BBQ cleaning equipment available for your use.
- All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived.
- The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. If your accommodation keys are lost, duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $150.00.
18. EVICTION OF A GUEST OR VISITOR
Management may evict a Guest or Visitor without warning. Guests who are evicted from the Property will be blacklisted from Welcome Cottage Executive Serviced Accommodation and we may choose to notify the Police. A Guest is subject to such eviction should the following (but not limited to) occur:
- Intoxication and unsavoury behaviour;
- Overcrowding – when the number of persons in the apartment exceeds the capacity (5 guests and 5 visitors);
- Physical or verbal assault towards Management, Caretakers of the Property, residents or other Guests;
- Wilful damage to Property;
- Any incident for which the Police need to be called onto the Property;
- Any behaviour posing a safety threat to others;
- Ignoring advice to reduce excessive noise (music or other noise);
- Smoking within the Property or anywhere on the surrounding property.
19. FAILURE TO PAY
In the event that a Guest fails to pay immediately upon demand any amount owing to Management, pursuant to the Booking, Management reserves the right to deny access to the Guest and ask that they vacate the Property.
20. FORCE MAJEURE
Guests and Management are allowed partial impossibility in an agreement, where the performance of the agreemnt by either party is subject to acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulations, national disaster, strikes, civil disorder or curtailment of transportation facilities beyond the control of the parties making it inadvisable, illegal or impossible to fulfil some or all of the agreement. Any agreements, contracts, quotes and reservations may be terminated without penalty for any one or more of such reasons by written notice from one party to the other.
21. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
In the case of any problems or complaints, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the Property during reasonable hours.
Any complaint which cannot be resolved locally must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
Failure to follow this procedure may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
We recommend all Guests purchase Travel Insurance as Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at our Property.
22. LIMIT OF LIABILITY
We do our best to ensure your Booking arrangements are satisfactory, however Welcome Cottage Executive Serviced Accommodation does not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any events which are beyond our control including but not limited to war, civil disturbance, terrorism, fire, flood, act of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action.